Acceptable Use Policy
Your account will be terminated without negotiation if you violate or do not agree with our AUP below:
- Email addresses or contacts from third-party lists, including purchased, rented and co-registration lists are prohibited. You must collect email addresses only from your own efforts.
- Harvesting email addresses from public websites, social media and newsgroups is also prohibited.
- You MUST obtain proper permission from your contacts to send them emails. Sending emails to your contacts without their consent will result in termination of your account.
- You can collect email addresses using web properties that you own and/or offline forms, but you MUST clearly state that you will send them emails, including the types of email they will receive.
- Keep your list clean by regularly removing inactive or stale contacts. An inactive/stale email list will result in your email campaigns to have poor engagement rates, high bounces and high spam complaints.
- You can’t engage in solo ads or ad swaps.
Acceptable Email Rate
BirdSend expects you, as an email sender, to have email statistics within acceptable thresholds. Spam complaints, bounces, and unsubscribe rates must be within these acceptable thresholds.
If your stats are not within the acceptable thresholds, depending on the case, we may send you warnings, disable your ability to send emails, or immediately terminate your account. Please note that our acceptable thresholds is based on industry standards that other Email Service Providers (ESPs) also follow.
- Spam complaint rate should not exceed 0.1%
- Bounce rate should not exceed 5%
- Unsubscribe rate should not exceed 2%
In addition to the thresholds above, we also monitor your email engagement rate (e.g. opens, clicks). If several of your email campaigns have poor engagement rates, we'll re-evaluate your account, including your contacts and email content quality. We may send you a warning and require you to fix the problem. Otherwise, we may disable your ability to send emails, or terminate your account altogether.
- Unsubscribe link or URL is required in each and every email you sent via BirdSend. Your contacts have the right to remove themselves from your list. Unsubscribe link or URL can be added to your email body or footer by using the macro tag provided by BirdSend.
- You MUST include a clear indication of who you are and provide "how to contact" information (e.g. support email or URL) that can be easily reached by your contacts in every email that you send via BirdSend.
- You MUST include a physical mailing address in each and every email you send via BirdSend. This is required by the CAN-SPAM act, Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL), and other anti-spam laws.
- You can't send promotional emails all the time. This includes sequence and broadcast emails. You MUST do a mixture of educational and promotional emails (and therefore caring for your contacts' well-being).
- You can’t send emails for solo ads or ad swaps purpose.
Email content that relates to the following are prohibited:
- Adult Entertainment & Pornography
- Escort & Dating
- Nutritional, Herbal, and Vitamin Supplements
- Mortgages & Loans
- Credit Repair & Debt Settlement
- Multi Level Marketing/Network Marketing/Pyramid Schemes
- Warez and Illegal Products/Services
- Online trading, Day Trading Tips, or Stock Market Related
- Gambling, Betting & Lottery
- Working from home, make money online, and other "Get Rich Quick" opportunities
Any email with topics, subjects or materials listed below are also prohibited:
- Content that violates the CAN-SPAM act, CASL, and other anti-spam laws.
- Content that in any way exploits minors under 18 years of age.
- Content that promotes racial intolerance, use hateful and/or racist terms, or signify hate toward any person or group of people.
- Content that promotes illegal activities, including the use of illegal substances and/or drugs.
- Content that contains unsafe or suspicious URLs, or any URL listed in the Spamhaus DBL, URIBL and/or SURBL blacklists.
- Content that contains any material own by other individuals/organizations unless you have the explicit permission from the rightful owner.
- Pornographic, sexually explicit, obscene, lewd, lascivious, libelous, defamatory, abusive, threatening, excessively violent, harassing or filthy materials.
- Phishing, spoofing, scam, bogus offers or any type of fraudulent materials.
- Generally offensive and rude materials.
- If you have a previously closed (banned) BirdSend account, you can not create another account with us.